All businesses have customers who do not pay on time. Using this process, reminders can be sent, and late fees imposed if desired.
Sometimes it becomes necessary to remind customers they have an outstanding balance in your Accounts Receivable. It may also be essential and even desirable to impose late payment fees to be compensated for your inconvenience and motivate certain customers to pay on time.
This article describes how to do this.
- Go to the Invoices home page
- Select the Overdue filter at the top of the page
- Select an overdue invoice
- At the top right hand of the page that loads is a red "Send reminder" button; click on it
- A new window will pop-up listing all the overdue invoices for this customer
- If an email address does not appear, or it needs to be changed, update the Recipient field.
- The email message and the warning message can be edited*
- Select one or more invoices to be included in the communication
To apply late fees, click on 'Add a late fee...' and the following fields will display
- Late fees can either be a flat rate or a percentage of the amount owed.
- Select the fees and click the green "Send email" button
- In the example displayed below, the original invoice was for $100. A 10% late fee was applied.
When the reminder is created in the system, the extra 10 dollars is credited to the Late fees account under Other revenue
If invoice number 1005 is opened after payment, the late fees will not display. However, when you go to the Late fees account, the source invoice number will be listed.
Note: Sunrise does not currently have automation around this process. But it is being considered as a future enhancement.
* to permanently change the text, edit the template
Creating your 1st Sunrise invoice
So you are getting started with Sunrise. You've completed all the setup and you're ready for your first invoice? Well, let's get started. Go to the Invoices home page Some quick notes about the Invoices home page. See the five sections below? They ...
How to Print, Email, Send or Edit Invoices
How to Print, Email, Send or Edit Invoices Once you approve your invoice, you’re greeted with a new set of tools that you can use to edit the invoice after its creation. We will examine all the key features of an invoice so you’ll be an expert in no ...
How can I see all my payment transactions and fees paid?
Any payment you receive through Sunrise Pay is tracked from within your payments account. You can access this account at any time. Here's how: Click on Payments and sign in to your merchant account. From the left-hand column, choose Reporting (If on ...
How to handle bank fees in reconciliations?
In this case, you'll want to create the invoice with the correct items, quantities, and amounts, approve it, then go to the reconcile screen. When you match the invoice with the corresponding payment, you'll notice that Sunrise will ask you why the ...
Can I use the product only to create invoices?
If you don't want to link your bank accounts or reconcile your account, yet. No problem. That’s how Sunrise got started, after all. Sunrise is an excellent Invoice Management Tool. You don't have to link your bank to continue sending invoices.