If you are having issues syncing your bank account or need to manually upload your transactions, follow these steps.
Step 1: Create A Bank Account
To manually import a list of transactions from your bank, start by selecting Add new account in the Bank Account section. You will need to either link your bank account or manually upload bank transactions (if this is completed, skip to Step Two: Data Migration).
- On the left navigation menu, select Bank Accounts.
- In the top left corner, use the dropdown menu to Add a new account.
Enter the basic information for your new account, most importantly:
- Account name
- Account number: Your account number should be the last 4 of the bank or credit card you are adding.
- Account type
- For Checking/savings accounts, select the account type: Bank and liquid assets
- For Credit cards, select the account type: Credit cards
Step 2: Data Migration
Now it's time to locate the data that you would like to migrate to Sunrise.
Log into your bank/credit card account. You should be able to export the data from a specified time period. You will need to download it as a CSV file so it is easy to upload to Sunrise.
The CSV file should have at least these headings:
- Date (use format MM/DD/YY)
- Description (remove single (') or double quotes ("))
- Use one column with a number and positive amounts
- Format as XXXX.XX and remove any symbols ($, €, etc.)
Step 3: Upload Statement
Now that you have an account created and a CSV prepared, you can upload the CSV to the bank account that you created in step 1.
In your Sunrise account go to:
- Bank Accounts in the left navigation menu.
- Select the account from the dropdown that you would like to import the CSV to.
Important Tip: Confirm the last 4 digits of the bank account in Sunrise matches the last 4 digits of the credit card or account statement.
- Click on Match transactions.
- Click on Upload statement.
- Click on Upload bank statement.
- Follow the prompts to upload the CSV file you prepared in Step 2.
- Identify each column and click Import now.
Error in uploading: Select the headings from the dropdowns to match the data in that column (Date, Amount, Description) OR confirm the numbers and dates are formatted properly in the CSV file as shown in Step 2.
Note: Test a few lines of CSV data to confirm the format is correct before attempting to upload a lot of lines.