Adding products and services to Sunrise can be done in advance or on the go. It's important to note that in Sunrise, products and services are used interchangeably. There are several ways to add products and services to Sunrise, and in this section, we will take a look at all of them.
Add a Product or Service in an Invoice
The easiest way to add a product or service in Sunrise is to do it while you're creating an invoice. Here are the steps you'll want to take to add a product or service while invoicing a client.
Step 1: Navigate to Invoices on the side panel. Select Create Invoice.
Step 2: Identify the product or service line. You can add a product or service to your catalog by clicking the Create new button shown below.
Step 3: After you click the Create new button, you'll be prompted to enter the details for the product or service you're adding. The numbered image below documents all the fields that are important for adding your product.
- Product: This is the name of the product or service that your customer will see on their invoice.
- Description: Your customer will see this description of your product or service when you invoice them.
- Tax: This is the default sales tax rate that applies to this product. For example, if you live in a state where sales tax applies to products but not services, you can ensure that sales tax will only be applied to the correct products. More sales tax configuration options are available in the Settings menu.
- The product will save automatically once you are finished adding your line items.
Add and Manage Products and Services Through the Products Menu
Another option to create or manage your products is through the Products menu.
1. Navigate to the Settings tab at the bottom of your navigation menu.
2. Navigate to the Products menu on the right.
3. Here you'll find all of your products and services and their associated settings. The image below details the functionality of this menu.
4. Create product: Clicking this button will allow you to add a single product or service to your catalog. See the description above for adding a single product to your catalog.
5. More: This will allow you to import products in bulk or export your catalog to a CSV file. The best way to import products into Sunrise is to begin by exporting your product catalog. Even if you don't have any products, you will download a CSV file formatted in a way that makes it easy to enter your product details and simple for Sunrise to recognize. Once you've added your products to the CSV file, you can upload your products to Sunrise by selecting the import option under this button.
6. Search: The search box will allow you to find a particular product in your catalog quickly.
7. Show archived: If you have products that are labeled as archived, you can check this box to display them in your product catalog.
8. Name filter: You can filter your products alphabetically by clicking the Name heading of the table.
9. Edit product: If you want to edit the details associated with a particular product, you can click this button to do so.
10. Delete product: Clicking this button will prompt you to delete the product from your system.
How to Print, Email, Send or Edit Invoices
How to Print, Email, Send or Edit Invoices Once you approve your invoice, you’re greeted with a new set of tools that you can use to edit the invoice after its creation. We will examine all the key features of an invoice so you’ll be an expert in no ...
Overdue invoices and late fees
All businesses have customers who do not pay on time. Using this process, reminders can be sent, and late fees imposed if desired. Sometimes it becomes necessary to remind customers they have an outstanding balance in your Accounts Receivable. It may ...
How to Print, Email, Send or Edit Invoices
How to Print, Email, Send or Edit Invoices Once you approve your invoice, you’re greeted with a new set of tools that you can use to edit the invoice after its creation. We will examine all the critical features of an invoice so you’ll be an expert ...
Creating a New Product
Sometimes, working on the invoice screen, the product needed does not display in the selection menu. This is how to fix the problem. Click "+ Create new" at the bottom of the select menu. A new window will pop up Fields: Name of product or ...
Edit, Void, or Credit an Expense
Once you add and approve your expense, you’re greeted with a new set of tools that you can use to edit the expense after its creation. If you need to edit, void, or credit an expense in Sunrise, here’s what you should know. Step 1: Navigate to ...