You’ve created and sent your first invoice in Sunrise. Yipee! Days pass, and your customer still hasn’t paid you. Sad Face. Our integration with Stripe lets you leverage their extensive payments network and helps you get paid faster. We’ll walk you through how to set up your Stripe integration. Let’s get started!
Note: If you have trouble, log in via Stripe using a different tab on your browser, and then try 'Accept Credit Cards' procedure again.
1) Navigate to the 'Settings' tab at the bottom of the main navigation panel2) Select the 'Payment methods' tab under Organization Settings.
3) Click the button in the top right of your screen that says 'Add payment method'.
4) You'll be prompted to add a new payment method on your screen. Select 'Stripe' from the drop-down menu and continue to create your Stripe account.
You'll be asked to enter your information to create an account with Stripe. If you have an existing account with Stripe, you can login at this time and authorize your Sunrise organization.
Important Note: Way to go! Now you've created and connected your Stripe account with Sunrise. Moving on, you are ready to start accepting credit card payments on your invoices. When customers pay, you'll receive an email notification from Sunrise that your payment is being processed. After the initial seven day waiting period, each payment after that will be automatically deposited to your bank account within 48 hours with the Stripe fee already taken out.
If you manage multiple organizations in Sunrise, you'll need to go through the same process to add your Stripe account to each organization. You can use the same Stripe account for each business if you prefer.
Sending an Invoice with Credit Card Payments Enabled
I'm sure you might be curious to know how your new Stripe account will affect the way your customers see and interact with their invoices. This section will show you exactly what they'll see when you send them an invoice with credit card payments enabled.
1) When you're creating your invoice, make sure to enable 'Stripe' as one of your payment methods.
2) When you're done creating your invoice, you'll be able to see a preview of your credit card enabled invoice.
You can click on the button at the bottom of the invoice that says 'Pay online with debit/credit card' to preview what your customer will see when they receive the invoice.
3) You are now in your own 'Customer Portal'. This is what your customers see when they view their invoices online. They can pay the invoice using a credit or debit card by clicking either of the buttons below.
4) Your customer will now be able to enter their payment information, as shown on the screen below.